Friday, February 20, 2009

To connect with the creative spirit . . .

Today we send a birthday salute to Ansel Easton Adams (February 20, 1902 – April 22, 1984), photographer and environmentalist.

Ansel Adams
Evening, MacDonald Lake
Glacier National Park
1942

"Not everybody trusts paintings but people believe photographs." - Ansel Adams

“Simply look with perceptive eyes at the world about you, and trust to your own reactions and convictions. Ask yourself: "Does this subject move me to feel, think and dream? Can I visualize a print - my own personal statement of what I feel and want to convey - from the subject before me?” - Ansel Adams

“Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art.” - Ansel Adams

“The only things in my life that compatibly exist with this grand universe are the creative works of the human spirit.” - Ansel Adams

So why study art . . . perhaps, to connect with the creative spirit.
Photo source (1)

No comments:

Post a Comment